At Hillary Cooper Law we have lawyers with more than 15 years of experience in Regulatory matters. Our team has the unique benefit of acting for both regulators such as various Local Authorities as well as individuals and business.
We understand the confusion, distress and disruption caused by an investigation or enforcement action by any one of the many Regulatory bodies in the UK. Our experience suggests that taking legal advice early is vital in managing the process and protecting your best interests. Our expertise in regulatory investigations and prosecutions ensures that you receive timely, tailored advice and representation when you require it.
We aim to provide advice which is as pragmatic and legally sound. Moreover, our collaborative approach ensures that your health and safety management systems and procedures are both appropriate and robust.
We have extensive experience in representing both individuals and businesses at every stage of an investigation and court proceedings in the Magistrates’ and Crown Court. Our team will support you throughout the entire process, explain and ensure the best possible outcomes for you and your business.
We have particular experience in
- Environment health investigations and prosecutions
- Food hygiene investigations & prosecutions
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act investigations & prosecutions
- Health & Safety
- Housing Act 2004 investigations and prosecutions
- Medicines & Healthcare Regulatory Agency investigations and enforcement
- Planning enforcement
- Trading standards investigations & prosecutions